Yes, I'm still alive and yes, I do remember my blogging spot.
As you can see, my last post was almost a month ago--geez!! A lot has been happening and life has been ridiculously busy!
So here's the low-down....
As you all are aware we moved to England (if you don't know about it, just read back a few posts!) and we are still trying to adjust to this new normal.
Let me quickly bring you up to date since our last chat....
1. We house hunted (as I mentioned) and ended up deciding on the perfect house for us! Over here you don't buy, you only rent, so getting all of the rental paperwork in order was an ordeal. But, we figured it all out and just had to wait on inspections, cleaning, etc. It's the perfect mix for us since it's in a British village and has a British feel on the outside of the house but the inside feels rather American. Here is a few pics of our new home!!
We really love that it has tons of bedrooms, bathroom and a huge backyard. There is plenty of room to play and grow!!
After we finally got into the house, we then had to wait for all of our belongings to finish making their way over here to the UK. We got notice that they cleared customs about a week after getting into the house and within a few days, our stuff got delivered. It was so bittersweet to see our stuff again after 2 months. Who knew I would be so excited to see my pots and pans, my broom and all of my kids toys!
We are now nearly done unpacking all of the boxes and finding a spot for all of our goodies!
2. We did the dreadful car hunting!! We found cars for my husband and I but don't laugh....we have almost the exact same car. It was total coincidence but they were both such a great deals and we couldn't pass them up!!
3. We found a school for my daughter. This took longer than I expected because we had to decided between an American school and a British school. We really had to weigh the pro's and con's of each and in the end, we felt like an American DoD (Department of Defense) school was the best option for our family. We then had to determine where we would live to see which school she would be zoned for. Then we had to wait to move in to the house so that we could get the busing situation figured out.
4. My Master's classes started back! This would be the main reason for my Blogging and TpT absence---I just can't seem to get ahead and find extra time to blog or create---and it's driving me insane!!
5. I'm working on transitioning from a full time teacher to a full time stay at home mom. While I love my children of course, I've never had the opportunity to stay at home and fully raise my children. This has been such an adjustment for me. I truly love my job, my teaching career and I'm having major withdrawals from it. I want to be in the classroom and I want to teach my own set of children. I am in no way saying that I don't love staying at home with my youngest. He's a hoot and keeps me on my toes. I am just feeling conflicted between being a full time mommy and a full time teacher....oh the dilemmas!
That's just a bit of the craziness happening in my life lately.
Has your life been crazy like mine?? If so, I'd love to hear about it! :)
Please tell me I'm not alone!
I hope you'll forgive me and my unsteady posting.
I vow to do better!! Life should be settling down soon---or at least I hope so!
Keep smiling and happy teaching!