I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs to bring you my first, Five for Friday!
(I know, it's Saturday and I'm late for the party! Shhhhh....don't tell anyone! I was pretty exhausted from the school day yesterday when I got home---so today will just have to do!)
1. If you've been reading my blog for a while, you know that my husband is military and recently deployed (the day after Christmas). I saw this picture and thought how appropriate for me!! This girl that made this sign took some time to do all of the calculations and must have been very patient to make the sign too! I just loved it... and secretly thought about making it too! :)
2. Speaking of my husband being deployed, this week he tagged me in a poem going around on Facebook. I thought it was so sweet and thoughtful! I love that man and I'm so thankful to be his wife. He's so wonderful at recognizing that we are such a team and he truly appreciates what I do for our family!!
3. I was so happy this week to see some great progress with my school kiddos! I made it a mission to start focusing on sight words that some kids are consistently missing! I've decided we will start practicing saying and writing sight words with different mediums. This week is was stamps and color pencils---next week, it will be markers and paint---and later on it will be shaving cream on desks!
4. I ordered some really cute stuff from Lakeshore on Wednesday! I got an email yesterday saying it had already shipped! I can't wait to see all of my new goodies and I know the kids will love having new games to play!!
5. I pinned this picture this week! It made me really laugh only because I'm from Georgia and I say y'all a lot!! In fact, when I first got here to Kansas, I got made fun of so much for my thick southern drawl and saying "y'all" all of the time! This poster makes total sense to me!