1. I LOVE my family!!! My husband and I just celebrated our 6th year of marriage and life has never been better! He's such a caring, loving husband who will do anything for his family! We have 2 beautiful kids- Madion and Kayden, both of which just celebrated their birthday! Madison is now 5 and Kayden just turned 1! My husband and two kids are my absolute life!!!
3. I LOVE BIG BROTHER!!! I don't know when my obsession started or even why it started but I love the show Big Brother! I think maybe because it is a TRUE reality show and you know that NOTHING is contrived. And yes, I've secretly always wanted to be a contestant on the show---I mean really, how fun would it be to trapped inside a house for a few months and do some really cool challenges and maybe even win cool stuff in luxury competitions???
4. I'm a military wife! My husband has been in the Air Force for 10 years now. It's always kind of weird because we can't plan out our life too much, because the minute we try to, the military always shows us that THEY have the ultimate control of what we do and where we end up! It is cool though not having to pay for medical bills or insurance. Just to know that we never have to worry about medical care is such a relief deep inside! I'm originally from Georgia and my husband is from Florida. We have lived here in Kansas since right after we got married in 2006.
5. It took me 8 years to finish college! Okay, before you gasp, let me explain. I started college in the fall of 2002. I thought I wanted to be a physcial therapist...and later, I learned that since I couldn't pass an Anatomy and Physiology course, I probably needed to choose another profession! So after changing my major, then moving (when I got married) , and then having to retake classes at my new college (since they wouldn't accept some of my previous classes from GA)....I finally eneded up graduating in May of 2010! Hey, better late than never right?!?!?
My alumni school!
6. I love the beach- bottom line! It's where I really get to think about life and really enjoy God's natural beauty! (And I love that my husband's parents home in FL is only minutes away from the beach!)
7. At 19 years old, I was diagnosed with a heart defect that is pretty rare in young people- it mostly affects people in their later years. It is called WPW (Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome) and it was the scariest time in my life! I thought I was going to die. We discovered it one Saturday morning when my heart was racing. I ended up going to the doctors office right away because it wouldn't stop racing--it felt like my chest was going to explode. They hooked me up to an EKG machine and then called the ambulance right away! It all happened so fast! After it settled down, they decided to monitor me for a few weeks to see how many episodes I was having and within 3 weeks, I had heart surgery! WOW- talk about a life changer right?!? Since then, I've been checked yearly and I'm happy to report I'm doing just fine! :)
8. I love Japanese Hibachi food! It's so yummy!!!!! I think I could live off the fried rice alone! :)
9. I love my job! I think I have the best job ever---getting to shape little minds everyday and see thier smiling face makes my heart smile! Kindergarten rocks!!!
I hope you've enjoyed getting to know me. Thanks to Mrs. Lemons for letting us all link up and if you haven't linked up yet, go do it now!!!